School Site Council
What is School Site Council?
School Site Council is required for schools receiving categorical funds. Navelencia Middle School receives funds through the Local Control Funding Formula. These funds are used to supplement the regular school program. The purpose of the SSC is to develop a program that is responsive to the needs of the students in the school. In order to accomplish this goal, the SSC needs to meet on a regular basis to assess the effectiveness of the school improvement program by planning, developing, and approving the School Site Plan. The SSC also reviews and updates the school categorical budget. At Navelencia, the SSC will meet at least four (4) times a year.
School Site Council Responsibilities
- Measure effectiveness of improvement strategies in the school
- Seek input from school advisory committees
- Reaffirm or revise school goals
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA
Navelencia School Site Council Dates for the 2021-2022 School Year:
-September 27, 2021 4:00 pm
-November 29, 2021 4:00 pm
-March 28, 2022 4:00 pm
-May 23, 2022 4:00 pm